Hyatt Regency - Embarcadero Center
The Hyatt Regency is a perfect hotel for San Francisco visitors. Not only is it a wonderful luxury hotel but it also offers a great location. It is situated right on the Embarcadero near downtown San Francisco which is perfect for business travelers as well as for people who are visiting San Francisco just for pleasure. There are opportunities for dining in and around the hotel. It is close to public transportation and surrounded by retail stores as well as historic landmarks.
Some things visitors love about Hyatt Regency
Everyone likes something different in their hotel experience. The Hyatt Regency is capable of meeting a lot of different needs. Some of the things that visitors love about the Hyatt Regency include:
- Luxurious rooms. The main thing that draws people to this hotel is the fact that the rooms are luxurious. They have little touches like a cherry hard wood desk and terrific lighting. The little things add up and make for a very comfortable stay.
- Proximity to BART. The Hyatt Regency is located just off of the Embarcadero BART stop. That means that it’s easy to get to and from the airport from this hotel. It is also easy to get to many other places in the city that you might want to see.
- Close to the bay. The Hyatt Regency is located on the Embarcadero, which is right along the water of the San Francisco Bay. Beautiful views and the opportunity to walk along the water here are things people like about this hotel.
- Many landmarks and attractions nearby. The Hyatt Regency is located a stone’s throw away from the Ferry Building, AT&T ballpark and historic buildings that date back to the city’s restoration after the 1906 earthquake. It is located within short walking distance or a quick bus ride to other popular areas like Union Square and Pier 39.
- On-site dining. There is great food available at the Eclipse restaurant, which is located inside of the hotel. There is also an Eclipse Bar and Lounge which is trendy and is also a favorite of visitors.
- 24 Hour Fitness Center. If you want to enjoy a workout during your visit to San Francisco then you’ve got the opportunity. You can also get free passes to a nearby gym if you don’t want to work out in the fitness center at the hotel.
- Guest services. This an upscale hotel that offers all of the different guest services that you could possibly want. Need a referral for a reputable local babysitter? How about someone to book you a car rental just for the day? The hotel does these things and more to make your stay pleasant and smooth.
- It’s a holiday favorite. This hotel goes all out around the Christmas holidays. It’s also a favorite New Year’s spot for watching the fireworks.
Some things visitors don’t like about Hyatt Regency
- On the pricey side. Rooms start at around $300 per night. This is on the higher side compared to some of the other places in the city. It’s possible to locate deals but some people question the price of this luxury hotel.
- You have to pay for Internet access. It’s approximately $10 per day, which annoys many visitors since it’s increasingly common for high speed Internet to be included for free in your stay.
- Not as modern as other hotels in the area. There’s nothing wrong with the hotel. It’s kept well-maintained and up-to-date. However some people say that it just isn’t as modern as some of the trendiest hotels in this area. One reviewer noted that it just “feels and looks like a late 80’s early 90’s vestige”. Another reviewer said that “the lobby is breathtaking but the rooms are in need of a facelift”.
- It’s a daytime neighborhood. One notable thing about this area is that it’s really busy during the workday but quieter at night. Although there are bars and restaurants in the area, it’s not the kind of place with a lot of nightlife. You have to take a bus to get to that which deters some people from staying here.
The bottom line
The bottom line is that this hotel is a good San Francisco hotel but it’s not right for everyone. It offers luxurious amenities and will meet all of your needs as a business traveler or a regular visitor. It has great on-site dining and is close to a lot of interesting attractions and landmarks. However, it can be pricey and it’s not ultra-modern like some of the newest hotels in the area.
5 Embarcadero Center
While hotel prices change regularly -- for a recent quote-- prices quoted ranged from $270-$330 with a median price quote of $300.
Elizabeth Duncan writes, "I stayed at the hotel for a convention and was very disappointed for the
reasons mentioned in your review. Paying for wi-fi at this kind of room
rate is outrageous! The carpet in my room was stained. Other guests
complained about blocked drains and other issues. I tweeted twice about
my complaints and sent two e-mails and did not hear from anyone.
Shameful service. Would not recommend and will not stay here again."