Yerba Buena Center now features everything you could imagine from the arts to movies to a full blown movie / entertainment center complete
with theme restaurants / shops. The complex is about expression, entertainment, and just plain fun! The shopping is unique to anywhere else in the world - every
store has a high-tech, multimedia, or futuristic theme. Metreon is open daily from 10am to 10pm. If you like high-tech theme retail - this is the place.
Commercialism reaches its zenith -- but in a really cool way:
- 350,000 square feet - four stories - $85mm of building costs - huge!
- Digital Solutions - Entertainment and technology marketplace.
- Things from Another World - Movies, comics, and collectibles.
- Jelly Belly - The best gourmet jelly beans.
- Action Theater - Anime products.
- Bandai - Anime featuring Gundam products.
- Games Workshop - Tabletop gaming.
- Sony Style - Try out the latest Sony products with expert advice.
- PlayStation - Hands on games store for PlayStation games.
- DVD Station - Thousands of movies from $1 per day.
- Chronicle Books - San Francisco books from a top publisher.
Parking in the Metreon area is unbelievably, horribly bad during the daytime and just poor at night. We'd very strongly recommend
a taxi or bus, but if you must drive (get ready to pay big $$$$) the nearby garages are:
- 5th @ Mission / Yerba Buena Garage (2,585 spaces) $1.50/hour to $13 maximum
- Ampco - Folsom @ 4th Street - $5 nights / weekends (118 spaces)
- City Park - Folsom @ 5th Street - $5-$7 nights / weekends (200 spaces)
- Moscone Center - Folsom @ 3rd Street - 700 spaces - $1.50- $14.00
- Allright Parking - Howard @ New Montgomery - 100 spaces $7-$8 nights/weekends
- Union Square Garage - $1-$20 - 1,050 spaces
- **** Highly recommended - Saint Francis Place $6 maximum evening/weekends 333 Third Street (225 spaces)
- **** Highly recommended - Museum Parc - 300 Third St. - $5 evenings / weekends
Check out the Official Metreon Site
Metreon is a service mark and trademark of Sony Development.