San Francisco Airport Shuttles
Tips and Tricks
Friendly Airport Service for San Francisco
Possible SFO Airport Van Issues:
* Many stops before yours
* Waiting at airport a long time for more passengers
* Rate not firmly set in advance -- they'll charge what they can. Ask the price in advance.
* Appearances of the driver (attitude) are usually accurate. This can be a dirty business. You will be actively solicited by many others if
you look confused. Van services are one floor up from the baggage claim area.
* Also note that a $1-$2 tip is expected. You can get a van at almost any time of day or night.
* A full van is a van ready to leave; an empty van will sit until it fills profitably with passengers.
* It is possible to get to the South Suburbs & East Bay (Oakland) inexpensively using the vans.
* The key question to ask is, "when are you leaving & how many stops before I will be dropped off?" You could be
in S.F. in 20 minutes, but drive around for another hour dropping off people before you get dropped off.
* If you have a family of four, or 3-4 travelers; a taxi is almost exactly break-even with the van and has no wait or stops -- definitely worth
it at about $35-$40.
Continue to: San Francisco Airport Van Guide With Telephone Numbers...